Try out the SpeakApps tools!
The SpeakApps project would not be possible without the contributions of users like you. To try the tools yourself, first join SpeakApps, which will give you access to the SpeakApps Moodle platform. Once you are logged in to the Moodle platform, under Course Categories, click on the Demo Course at the top of the page. Anyone can register by creating a free account and access Moodle classrooms, where the three tools developed in the project are available. These tools are Langblog, an audio/videoblog for oral production, Videochat, a videoconferencing system designed for the specific needs of small group work for language learning, and the Tandem tool, a content management system for synchronous pair tasks. User guides and instructions are available in the SpeakApps Infoblog and there is also a SpeakApps Mahara community, where you can find Technical Support and a SpeakApps user community for help and ideas. For more information or to request your own SpeakApps Moodle classroom, contact us at email@example.com.
Help us to expand the SpeakApps teaching community!
Are you interested in using the SpeakApps tools with an interface in a language that is not currently available? Help us translate the interface of the tools and we will set up the interface in the new language.
- Download the .po file for the tool’s interface you are interested in translating:
- Open the .po file with the programme Poedit. This programme is freely available and works on any of the existing OS’s.
- Save the outcome as filename_language.po and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like the SpeakApps user guide (go to SpeakApps Infoblog) to be available in a different language, please send us the translation and we will share it with the rest of the community by uploading it to our Infoblogs.
Open University of Catalonia:
- School of Languages, UOC.
- Institut Obert de Catalunya (Open Secondary School, Catalan Government).
- Escola Oficial d’Idiomes de Lleida (Official School of Languages, Catalan Government).
University of Groningen:
- University of Groningen Language Centre.
- Maastricht University Language Centre.
- Sprachenzentrum RWTH Aachen.
- Conservatoire national des arts et métiers.
- Università degli Studi di Padova.
University of Jyväskylä:
- Department of Teacher Education, JYU.
- Centre for Languages and Business Communication, Hanken School of Economics.
- Language Centre, University of Eastern Finland.
- Delaktig i Finland (Participative integration in Finland) project.
- University of Lapland Language Centre.
Dublin City University:
- School of Polish Language and Culture, JU.
- The Center for Polish Language and Culture in the World, JU.
- Language Centre, JU.
- Polish Studies Program, Macquarie University.
- Community Languages Australia (Australian Federation of Ethnic Schools Associations).